POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Weird POV crash. ARGH! : Weird POV crash. ARGH! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Weird POV crash. ARGH!
From: J Random Raytracer
Date: 24 Aug 2003 08:53:01
Message: <3f48b52d@news.povray.org>
Ouch.

Dozens of hours into rendering of this nice, complex scene, with radiosity
and AA turned on, continuing after one BSOD and one power failure, POV
(official release) blurts out this...

'Rendering Error: No textures in multi-texture CSG object.'

WTH? The scene renders at lower res (320x200) just fine, so the scene itself
should be pretty much all right. But even that takes about four hours, so I
guess the 1024x768 one would have been... um, forty hours. But there's no
way to continue after this kind of error, so I'm left with a three-quarter
image.

Could anybody enlighten me about how this can happen and if there's any way
to avoid it? I know it's not memory, I got 512M and POV took some 12M.

-- Me

ps. No, I won't attach the scene file. Not only is it taking ages to render,
it also has several MB of stuff in mesh #includes and imagemaps and such.